Credit: HR Northwest Photography

Monday, October 24, 2011

Some people just don't have filters...

A conversation I had with a client earlier today:

Him: Ooh, you look like you're some sort of Asian. Where are you from?

Me: Idaho. I am Japanese though, if you must know.

Him: Oooh, (now he thinks he can relate to me) I just went to Asia...
*pause* because he REALLY wants me to ask where he went so I obliged)

Me: Where did you go?

Him: The Philippines. I met my girlfriend for the first time

Me (stunned at what I just heard): You flew half way across the world to meet a girl for the first time?

Him: Yeah, I flew to Narita (which of course made him think that we were now buds cause we've been to the same place, or so he thought) then to *insert airport name I can't remember or pronounce here*. Then I flew her up, and her mom, dad, sister, brother there too. Now I'm broke.

Me: Well, yeah. I can only assume that it's probably expensive to fly over water, to another country.

Him: Yes. (then he proceeded to tell me how much his flight was, the hotel for him and her, for her family, how much the food was, etc etc)

Me: I guess you'll need to start saving for your next trip

1 comment:

  1. Whatever, Lisa. I totally thought you were from Thailand.

    Yeesh. ;)

    ReplyDelete