Credit: HR Northwest Photography

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Exercise

As some of you know, I injured myself November of last year; 1 month of bed rest, 4 months of no driving, 5 1/2 months of no exercise. Well, I am happy to announce that I was able to go on my first 5 minute jog last week on a treadmill during therapy!! I broke a sweat and realized that I am terribly out of shape and my cardio is non existent. I no longer have any endurance!

But I felt great after so I have been cleared to jog for 5-10 minutes every 3 days. But for about 2 weeks now, I have been walking 1.5 miles with my dog every day it hasn't been raining, which is about every other day here. ;) My first week was me fighting with the dogs since my oldest is awful on leash and correcting them so they walk right next to me. My right arm has buffed up 10 fold but my dogs were still choking themselves out to the point of dry heaving through the whole walk. I purchased a easy walk harness and it's been night and day!! She walks right next to me and there's very little pulling and NO choking!! :D

I hope everyone has had a great weekend! Bring on the nice weather!

2 comments:

  1. I'm definitely thinking about getting the easy walk harness if I can find it. Tank is terrible about pulling when I/we try to walk him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got ours at the humane society, it was about $6 cheaper than anywhere else I saw them (PetSmart/Petco). Plus, I felt like I was helping those poor animals in need of adopting! :)

    It's honestly the BEST thing I have ever purchased! I wish we were closer, I would totally let you test it out with Tank!

    ReplyDelete