Good news is that I received my laptop after a month of Toshiba holding it hostage, going to the depot repair site every day, sometimes twice a day to see what status my computer was in. On Tuesday, I was overcome with joy when the indicator had moved from 'repair in progress' to 'outbound of shipping'. I received my confirmation email with UPS Tracking number stating that it was shipped 2 day air. Boy was I surprised when I got it Wednesday morning. I was taken off guard when it was just left on my front door step; it didn't even need to be signed for but whatever, it wasn't stolen nor was the box damaged in any way.
I was like a kid at Christmas. I ripped open the box and once I got my precious contents out, installed my battery and plugged it in... I turned it on and AHH!!! It was like the sky parted and the sun was beaming through the clouds, I was elated! A black screen saying: "Preparing Windows for first use" appeared on the screen and DH told me that they probably reinstalled Windows on the computer so we would have to install everything over again.
Then comes the nightmare:
I couldn't log on to the computer because it was password protected and they didn't give me the password! Then it flashed me to a box that said: "log in disabled, please contact your system administrator"... That's ME!! I am the system administrator... Ugh... I rebooted the computer and it worked this time but the black screen of death appeared on the screen again: "Preparing Windows for first time use"
To make a long story short, I was on the phone with Toshiba for 2 hours before I had to go to work and they wanted to remote access my computer through my internet... Uhhh, ABSOLUTELY NOT! I told them that I would be calling back after DH assesses the situation.
DH comes home and he realizes that every time my computer goes to sleep or shuts down, it uninstalls Windows and REINSTALLS it! Another 2 hours with Toshiba later, they want me to either A. SEND IT BACK TO THEM (which is no option at all) or B. do a FULL system restore on my computer. Well, I had already installed Microsoft Office that I PAID for on my computer and doing a full system restore would make me lose it and I didn't know how that would affect my paid product key if I could use it again without a penalty on my software. See, if you buy a copy of Office, they only allow you x number of downloads with that purchase and mine happened to be 3 and this computer was the last one. More complaining and being on hold, I was forced to do a system restore and I haven't reinstalled Office but I do have my computer back.
Lesson learned: I will NEVER buy another Toshiba product. They had my computer for a month and they didn't fix my computer! What horrible customer service.
Oh my goodness! I will never by a Toshiba. I can't believe the trouble you have had with it. I got your email and will be emailing you again. =)I hope that everything works out with the computer.
ReplyDelete